Friday 16 January 2009

Willing to wait...

Just over a year ago I was told by a lady who did not know me, but knew everything about my life, that I was to do great things in the years to come.

She told me that in May of last year I would take up a job that I would excel in, that I would be happy in, that I would stay in for a number of years. But that it wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.

She told me that after several years that something would happen in my life. That my path would shift. That I would wake up one day to start something new, and that once I started I would look back at my previous years and wonder why it had taken me so long to get here. She told me that I wouldn’t regret the years that I had worked in pointless jobs, as my time there had taught me lessons, but that I would know that the journey I had then taken up would be what I was meant to do and that everything before hand would become unimportant.

She told me not to just sit around and wait for it. Not to sit around and urge this thing to come quicker. That I was meant to spend the next few years doing what I’m doing, and live my life the way that I am. But eventually day to day worries - money, material things, peer pressure, social dramas, and the like – would fade away, and I would know that I was on my path.

Each day as I do what I am doing, her voice plays around at the back of my head. When I tell someone of what she said, even as I type, it makes me tremble with excitement, and a little fear.

She ended by saying to me that I had a lot to do in this life, that in the future I will realise that I have a job to do.

I can feel it sometimes. Sometimes I have moments when something sparks inside of me, and my body and mind feel different momentarily. It’s usually as I travel around with my job and I daydream out of the window and look at the beauty around me, I feel it – whatever it may be.

So sometimes when it’s only half way through the month and I don’t possess a penny, or when work piles stress on me, or I feel less than worthy for whatever reason, I remember about the path that I am yet to walk, and the work I am yet to do and it calms me.

No comments: